WHY ENGLISH IS MY FAVORITE SUBJECT

BY-DEVANSH MALHOTRA

Language is significant on the grounds that it's one of the fundamental approaches to impart and communicate with others around us. It keeps us in touch with others. English language is a model for the significance of a language since it is the global language and has become the main language to individuals in numerous pieces of the world. It is most generally utilized in imparting all throughout the planet, Also it is communicated in as the first language in quite a while. English is assuming a significant part in numerous areas like schooling, medication, designing and business. 
 
Why is English my favorite subject?
A feature of English that makes it different compared with all other languages is its global spread. - David Crystal
One of the primary reasons I love English is that I like to read literature and this subject allows me an opportunity to read a lot. I started reading when I was in sixth grade and my love for it got me to collect many novels and books which now contributes to my mini library. I remember my first novel to be "Wonder" by R.J. Palacio. I have the entire series of "Diary of a Wimpy kid" by Jeff Kinney and "The Famous Five" by Enid Blyton. Learning English always help me increasing my skills and gives me chance to increase my creativity to speak and helps to create new boundaries of intellect. They also have a life lesson at the end which assist me in making sensible choices in real life.



I'm also a good writer. It comes naturally to me and consists of writing English essays, articles, letters, long and short answers, and other similar pieces. Because English is my favorite subject, I enjoy reading plays, poems, and poetries. This allows me to improve my writing and communication skills by learning new words every day. It has the advantage of improving vocabulary and reducing grammatical errors as a result of the daily habit of writing. Sometimes I make spelling mistakes with complex words, so I try to recall the spelling of that word in my mind and write it several times on a page without looking at it.

Also, it helps us score better in other subjects as most of the knowledge and questions of Science, Math and other subjects are in English too. English teachers are constantly attempting tasks to assist students in improving their English skills so that they can improve their word usage and sentence formation. It is such a high-scoring subject that even an average student can get good grades in it. We can rely on it to increase our percentage when comparing other subjects to English. 
 
Communication has never been more important in the history of the world than it is today. Consider the Internet. When you browse the Internet, you will notice that the primary language is English. As you can see, English is useful in everyday situations. We all study it in our daily lives and activities. The language is straightforward and logical. This is why I enjoy English and consider it to be my favorite subject in school. I would like to end with a few lines from my favorite poem:
If you can make one heap of all your winnings 
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss, 
And lose, and start again at your beginnings, 
And never breathe a word about your loss...
 
-Rudyard Kipling







Comments